Includes: 82 Parameter
- Vitamin D3 25(OH) Total and Vitamin B12
- Calcium, Uric Acid & Protein
- Vital Organs -Thyroid, Heart, Liver, Kidney
- Mon-Sat 08:00 - 20:00
Sunday 08:00 - 18:00
Ask the Experts
Our body needs nutrients to grow, develop and function properly; nutrients can be classified into two groups - macronutrients and micronutrients. Macronutrients are the major parts of our food, while micronutrients are, as the name suggests the minor parts. However, micronutrients play an important role in helping our body grow and be able to defend itself. Micronutrients include vitamins and minerals. There are 13 different kinds of vitamins that our body needs for functioning well. Each vitamin plays a specific role and deficiency of any one can cause health issues. If you suspect that you might be suffering from a vitamin deficiency then getting a Vitamin Test is the best way to determine and clearly diagnose your condition.
A Vitamin Deficiency Test can help in diagnosing if you are deficient in any vitamins and help you take the necessary steps to improve the condition. A Vitamin Test in Faridabad is generally a blood test that can help in checking for the levels of vitamins. The Vitamin Test sample is taken by the phlebotomist by taking a small amount of blood from your vein. The sample is then sent to the lab to perform the test specific to the Vitamin Deficiency Test you have chosen.
Some symptoms that people who have nutrient deficiencies might experience:
Fatigue Headaches Weakness Muscle spasms or tingling Dizziness
Deficiencies also have specific symptoms depending on the function they impact. Like numbness in feet is associated with vitamin B deficiency, fatigue, weakness can indicate vitamin D deficiency, memory can be a sign of vitamin B12 deficiency, and poor night vision can be because of vitamin A deficiency.
Why Vitamin Testing is important?
Vitamins play a highly important role in many functions in the body. Vitamin deficiencies could seriously impact a person's health and cause complications. Some important functions of vitamins are:
- Vitamin A - Vitamin A is an antioxidant that can come from plant and animal sources. It plays an important role in vision, bone growth, reproduction, cell functions, and immune system.
- Vitamin B - There are different B vitamins like B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, etc. B vitamins help in making energy from food, in forming red blood cells, etc.
- Vitamin C - Vitamin C is also an antioxidant. Vitamin C plays an important role in healing and iron absorption. It is also important for the skin, bones and connective tissue.
- Vitamin D - Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium. It plays a role in the nerve, muscle and immune system. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to conditions like osteoporosis and rickets. A Vitamin D Test is generally recommended for older patients as they are at higher risk for its deficiency.
- Vitamin E - Vitamin E is an antioxidant that plays a role in the immune system and metabolic processes.
- Vitamin K - Vitamin K helps in making proteins for healthy bones & tissues, blood clotting. A deficiency of vitamin K can cause too much bleeding.
How Vitamin Test is performed?
While each specific Vitamin Deficiency Test looks for that vitamin in the blood, the procedure is more or less similar. In every Vitamin Test the phlebotomist extracts a sample of blood, which is sent to the lab for checking if all the vitamin levels are within the normal range.